The Old Curiosity Shop

Just because I look at the world sometimes and think 'What the hell is going on here?'

Name:
Location: England

Since stumbling out of University 2 years ago I've taken it upon myself to spend most of my time travelling around the world in a slightly haphazard way.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

British Politics Has Long Been The Envy Of The World

Chamberlain, Churchill, Thatcher, Johnson. When asked to name the great political minds of the 20th Century maybe one person in that list would not be on everyone's lips. I talk of course of Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson or Boris Johnson as he is better know. Now Boris may not have made any significant headway politically yet but I think this clip means he is deserving of been counted amongst his illustrious peers, it is taken from a charity football match between England and Germany in the build up to last years world cup. Boris is a rugby man you know;



When interviewed after the event Boris came out with the classic quote "I'm a rugby player, really, and I knew I was going to get to him, and when he was about two yards away I just put my head down. There was no malice. I was going for the ball with my head, which I understand is a legitimate move in soccer." Considering the ball was on the ground at the time I think that is amazing. Other Boris quotes that I think may brighten up your day include:

"What's my view on drugs? I've forgotten my view on drugs."

"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."

"I don't believe that talking on a mobile phone while driving a car is any more dangerous than the many other things that people do with their free hands while driving - nose-picking, reading the paper, studying the A-Z, beating the children, and so on."

"I don't see why people are so snooty about Channel 5. It has some respectable documentaries about the Second World War. It also devotes considerable airtime to investigations into lap dancing, and other related and vital subjects."

"Look the point is ... er, what is the point? It is a tough job but somebody has got to do it."

"Tremendous, little short of superb. On cracking form."
After being sacked of his role in the Tory shadow cabinet.

"I'm kicking off my diet with cheeseburger whatever Jamie Oliver says McDonalds are incredibly nutritious and, as far as I can tell, crammed full of vital nutrients and rigid with goodness."

"I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose. In fact, it may have been icing sugar."

"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."

Brilliant. I'll try and keep you all up to date on a more regular basis than I have been doing but until then,

Goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home